Athletic Training is an allied health field recognized by the American Medical Association. Certified Athletic Trainers specialize in the prevention, recognition/evaluation, treatment, rehabilitation, and reconditioning of injuries due to physical activity.
The Athletic Training program at The University of Tulsa:
- Is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education;
- Was the first accredited Athletic Training program in Oklahoma;
- Involves an extensive core of academic study combined with equally in-depth clinical rotations;
- Utilizes intercollegiate, interscholastic, professional sport, industrial site, and sports medicine clinic settings for the student’s clinical experience;
- Allows the student to begin the program during their freshman year;
- Entitles the student to apply for the BOC Certification Examination after completion of degree requirements.
Click here for BOC pass rate information: Board of Certification Results