Educating the next generation of healthcare professionals
The Oxley College of Health Sciences comprises the School of Nursing, Department of Kinesiology and Rehabilitative Sciences, and Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders. The Oxley Health Sciences facility in downtown Tulsa includes high tech classrooms, a high-fidelity simulation center, a research lab and labs for nursing, athletic training and exercise and sports science.
At TU, I have the opportunity to sit with my professors in person, practice my skills in the Lawson Family Nursing Simulation Center and Skills Lab and get excellent experience in my TU-arranged clinical rotations. Alex Button, Doctor of Nursing Practice Student
I’ve always wanted to work with and help people because a desk job is just not for me. And, I really wanted to study abroad … something my TU advisor helped to make happen by offering me a tailored schedule. Ashley Hughes, BS Exercise and Sports Science
Overseas exercises: Recent grad reports on his internship in South Africa
Braydon Rennie’s (BS ’19) first-hand account of his internship in South Africa helping facilitate an exercise program for children.
Robinson receives NATA scholarship
Katelyn Robinson receives National Athletic Training Association scholarship through her passions of helping athletes prevent and heal injuries.
- Fighting fatalismo: Improving diabetes self-management in the Hispanic community
- Nursing student develops training for childcare workers in Nigeria
- Athletic Training professor honored with International Service Award
- New direction: From exercise and sports science to an MBA in health care delivery sciences
- Educating emergency department staff on the signs of strangulation
- Tulsa Schweitzer Fellowship celebrates leadership and community service