Educating the next generation of healthcare professionals
The Oxley College of Health Sciences comprises the School of Nursing, Department of Kinesiology and Rehabilitative Sciences, and Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders. The Oxley Health Sciences facility in downtown Tulsa includes high tech classrooms, a high-fidelity simulation center, a research lab and labs for nursing, athletic training and exercise and sports science.
At TU, I have the opportunity to sit with my professors in person, practice my skills in the Lawson Family Nursing Simulation Center and Skills Lab and get excellent experience in my TU-arranged clinical rotations. Alex Button, Doctor of Nursing Practice Student
I’ve always wanted to work with and help people because a desk job is just not for me. And, I really wanted to study abroad … something my TU advisor helped to make happen by offering me a tailored schedule. Ashley Hughes, BS Exercise and Sports Science
Inside the Big XII Wrestling Championship with TU’s student coordinator of sports medicine
Athletic training student Katelyn Robinson served as the student coordinator of sports medicine at the 2019 Big XII wrestling tournament.
Health sciences research showcased at American Athletic Conference symposium
TU was robustly represented at the American Athletic Conference Academic Symposium by health sciences faculty who presented their latest research.
- Greg Gardner — Outstanding Teacher 2019
- Repetitive head impacts and safety among student athletes
- True leadership: Speech-language pathology students co-chair Route 66 Conference
- Smoke and ale: Athletic training student reflects on Irish and American attitudes toward “healthy” lifestyles
- Suffering + wellbeing: A paradigm for health
- Student trains Tulsa Police on acquired communication disorders