Advising - Oxley College of Health Sciences



Online Access Request – Spring 2021

These are extraordinary times, but the University of Tulsa is committed to providing a safe learning environment for all students, faculty, and staff.

Prior to the start of the semester, students may choose to enroll in online or in-person classes. After the first day of classes, students may request temporary online completion of in-person classes due to pending COVID tests, current illness or various hardships. This assistance will not generally be granted retroactively, so please complete this form as soon as possible.

Please note, some coursework may not be able to be completed online.

Complete a request for online course access


All undergraduate students are matched with a professional academic advisor in the Center for Academic Advising and a faculty advisor within their program of study. Faculty advisors assist students with the transition to college, setting and achieving goals, and making responsible decisions consistent with their educational and career goals.  Faculty advisors also guide students in the degree planning process and assist students in planning for graduate programs.  You will meet with your faculty advisor at least once a semester, prior to enrollment.

In addition to faculty advising, a professional advisor is available to assist students and faculty advisors with enrollment and degree planning.  Advising is an integral part of your TU story and Oxley College of Health Sciences is committed to helping you achieve academic success.


Graduate student advising is coordinated by the faculty in a student’s program of study.  Faculty work closely with Graduate Program Advisors in the Graduate School to assist students each semester through the enrollment process as they work toward completion of their graduate degree.

Transfer Credit Policies

Transfer credit from other colleges and universities are subject to the policies of the University of Tulsa, College of Health Sciences, and the program of study. The Office of the Registrar coordinates the transfer credit evaluation and transfer credit approval processes.  For questions about transfer credit, please review the Transfer Credit Policies and visit with your professional academic advisor in the Center for Academic Advising.

For more information regarding:

  • Frequently Asked Questions

    Can I take classes at another institution that will transfer here?

    There are some important restrictions that apply to transfer credit. University policy states that the last 45 credit hours toward graduation must be taken in residence at The University of Tulsa. There are other University and College policies to consider when taking course work at other institutions, so students must obtain approval prior to enrolling in courses at other institutions.  To request permission, complete the Oxley College of Health Sciences Transfer Course Approval Form.

    The College of Health Sciences has identified transferable courses from Tulsa Community College. Click here to see what transfers from TCC.

    After completing the course, be sure to send an official copy of your transcript to The University of Tulsa.

    What is my class standing?

    Hours EarnedClass Standing
    0-29 hoursFreshmen
    30-59 hoursSophomore
    60-89 hoursJunior
    90+ hoursSenior

    Who do I contact if I have any questions about course selection and educational planning?

    You may contact your faculty advisor to coordinate your education experience and assist you in your planning, as well as refer you to other departments and services on campus as needed.

    What is the procedure for dropping a course?

    A course may be dropped during the first three weeks of a semester with no academic penalty. Academic penalty refers to the fact that there will be no entry on your transcript. To drop a course during this time period, you must complete a Drop/Add Form.

    What consequences should be considered before withdrawing from a course?

    Course withdrawals are treated as a serious matter that requires advisor/student interaction. Students must see their advisor when they need to withdraw from a course. Withdrawal from a course may delay a student’s progression in their program of study. In addition to the advisor’s signature, the instructor’s signature is required to withdraw after the first three weeks of the semester. No withdrawals are permitted after the 12th week of the semester.

    Within the period that withdrawals are permitted (4th through 12th week), there will be a transcript entry of W. A grade of W has no impact on the GPA. If withdrawing from a course reduces the total hours for the semester to less than 12, there are also financial aid implications and, in the case of international students, visa status implications. Students should check with those offices for additional information.

    How do I obtain a minor course of study?

    Minors are determined by the department, and requirements are listed in the University bulletin. Your advisor can assist you with meeting these requirements or may refer you to the department for additional advising. In order for the minor to appear on your transcript, you must declare the minor and complete a Declaration of Major, Minor, or Certificate.

  • Resources
  • Forms

    For common advising and enrollment forms, please visit the Center for Academic Advising.