Master of Athletic Training
The mission of the athletic training program is to prepare students for professional service in a health care setting and provide opportunities for professional assimilation and involvement, while instilling an understanding of the importance of life-long learning. The mission will be achieved through the following goals and learning outcomes.
- Promote high levels of professional and ethical conduct;
- Prepare students to successfully challenge the BOC Certification Examination;
- Prepare students for an entry-level position in athletic training; and
- Provide unique opportunities for inter-professional education.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviors;
- Demonstrate proficiency in prevention, immediate care, and management of injuries;
- Demonstrate the ability to perform a clinical evaluation and make a clinical diagnosis;
- Demonstrate the ability to design and carry out treatment, rehabilitation, and reconditioning programs;
- Understand the importance of professional development and continuing education;
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze given situations and provide the appropriate response; and
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize research in clinical practice.