Applying for TU’s RN to BSN program is a two-step process.
- Complete the University of Tulsa transfer application. Instructions for completing the application can be found here.
- Complete an application through Nursing’s Centralized Application Service (NursingCAS) here.
Offers of admission to the RN to BSN program are conditional pending receipt and evaluation of all items listed below. Details related to submission of materials can be found in NursingCAS.
- Copies of all transcripts from other colleges/universities
- 10 panel drug testing by SAMHSA Certified Lab (report sent by lab directly to School of Nursing)
- Criminal background check including Oklahoma Department of Corrections Sex Offenders Registration List (check is conducted by the school)
- Performance Standards for Admission and Progression in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Documentation of the following is due by August 15 through NursingCAS:
- MMR (Measles/Mumps/Rubella)
- Tdap (Tetanus/Diphtheria) renew every 10 years
- Hepatitis B (or sign waiver)
- TB screening (due yearly) or chest x-ray (initial screening is a two-step process)
- Documentation of varicella (chicken pox) or vaccination
- American Heart Association “Health Care Provider” CPR certification
The University of Tulsa does not require minimum specifications for student owned devices. Any modern computer purchased from a reputable manufacturer such as Dell, HP, Lenovo, Apple, etc… will be sufficient. The computer must have Internet access and the ability to view/edit Microsoft Office documents such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. The University of Tulsa provides active students with a free license for Microsoft Office, the software is available for download at: https://office.utulsa.edu
If you are purchasing a new computer, we recommend selecting one with the minimum specs listed below. Please note, these specifications are only suggestions, not required.
- Memory: 4GB
- Storage: 128GB
- Processor: 4th Generation or newer Intel Core i3 processor (or comparable)
- Warranty: 3 year manufacturer’s warranty