Applying for TU’s RN to BSN program is a two-step process.
- Complete the University of Tulsa transfer application. Instructions for completing the application can be found here.
- Complete an application for the RN to BSN program here.
Offers of admission to the RN to BSN program are conditional pending receipt and evaluation of all items listed below.
- Copies of all transcripts from other colleges/universities
- 10 panel drug testing by SAMHSA Certified Lab (report sent by lab directly to School of Nursing)
- Criminal background check including Oklahoma Department of Corrections Sex Offenders Registration List (check is conducted by the school)
- Performance Standards for Admission and Progression in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Documentation of the following is due by August 15.
- MMR (Measles/Mumps/Rubella)
- Tdap (Tetanus/Diphtheria) renew every 10 years
- Hepatitis B (or sign waiver)
- TB screening (due yearly) or chest x-ray (initial screening is a two-step process)
- Documentation of varicella (chicken pox) or vaccination
- American Heart Association “Health Care Provider” CPR certification
The University of Tulsa does not require minimum specifications for student owned devices. Any modern computer purchased from a reputable manufacturer such as Dell, HP, Lenovo, Apple, etc… will be sufficient. The computer must have Internet access and the ability to view/edit Microsoft Office documents such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. The University of Tulsa provides active students with a free license for Microsoft Office, the software is available for download at: https://office.utulsa.edu
If you are purchasing a new computer, we recommend selecting one with the minimum specs listed below. Please note, these specifications are only suggestions, not required.
- Memory: 4GB
- Storage: 128GB
- Processor: 4th Generation or newer Intel Core i3 processor (or comparable)
- Warranty: 3 year manufacturer’s warranty